Monday, July 28, 2008

Lights Out

Here is a short film I made partly for a fast film contest and polished for an audio production class. Last year I entered a contest to see who could make a film about the Colfax Marathon in less than 8 hours. When I finished, I had 3 minutes of my friend Max walking around Denver with a lamp from the 1970's that took 5 hours to make. To add insult to injury, it was mostly a silent film, as it didn't dawn on me that I should have been narrating as I went along and I had no accessible sound equipment nearby. So when the time came for me to add sound to a minute of video, I edited my contest entry, added music, a sound effect of a clicking lamp (which is actually a slamming door turned way way down) and some narration. It's a bit unpolished, as I am a world class procrastinator and worked on it the same day it was due. But here it is. I'm hoping to work on some of my other short films soon.

No comments: